Thursday, May 31, 2007

On the Visibility of Chicana Feminists

I'm concerned about the visibility of Chicana feminists, especially Chicana feminists in art or music. Where are we? Every time I search for a Chicana writers collective I get broken links or websites that were started up (probably as the supplementary "cultural" section of a college course) and then not maintained. So I dedicate this blog to creating visibility of Mexican and Mexican-American womyn writers, musicians, and artists. I know you're out there somewhere.

Our homework for today:

Making Face, Making Soul: A Chicana Feminist Website


A website put together by Susana L. Gallardo, a doctoral candidate in the Religious Studies Department at Stanford University. A very rich source for Chicana Feminists and supporters, with various definitions of Chicana Feminism, from writers like Gloria Anzaldua. A section on literature, culture, and religion. Lesbiana friendly. Maintained recently.

2 comments:

Journey_Wmn said...

Oh Mistress how I heart you!!! I'm so glad to see you posting and you're absolutely right there is a lack of visibility for Chicana feminists, but with you posting now and some others watch out world!!

Contrived by D said...

It needs to happen! I'm enjoying your blog as well, Mistress!